Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $23.00 per hour
Web Announcement :
Part-Time Administrative Assistant
The George Mason University Office of Housing and Residence Life (OHRL) seeks a Part-Time Administrative Assistant for Housing Services. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This position will provide administrative support and customer service for the Housing Services team. The incumbent will report to the Associate Director, Housing Services. Duties include:
- Management of the main OHRL e-mail:
- Answer all e-mail in the Housing e-mail account or forward to appropriate stakeholders;
- Organize e-mail correspondence using folders and filters as appropriate;
- Keep records on number of e-mails received and trending topics;
- Attend necessary trainings and/or meetings to learn housing processes and procedures;
- Obtain access and training on necessary University systems such as RMS and Ellucian Banner;
- Housing Services Support:
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to Housing Services especially during busy processes such as Housing Selection, Freshmen Assignments, Opening and Closing;
- Assist with the administration and record keeping of the Housing Agreement Appeal Committee; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be exceptionally detail-oriented and organized;
- Must be vivacious and excited about helping others;
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as analytical and synthesis skills;
- Possess the ability to interact with parents, students, staff and faculty; and be able to take initiative and work independently; and
- At least one year of experience in an administrative position, including a background in high volume e-mail management.
- Experience in higher education; and
- Because this position handles confidential student information, non-George Mason University students are highly preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG187z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :