SUPERVISOR, MULTI-TIERED SYSTEMS OF SUPPORT
- Holds a Postgraduate professional degree in Special Education or in a related Pupil Services area.
- Minimum of three years successful administrative, supervision and leadership experience in special education and/or pupil services required; endorsement in educational administration is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of strategies and interventions for diverse learners.
- Proven expertise in data systems, analysis, interpretation and application for school teams.
- Proven expertise in delivering professional learning sessions in several formats.
- Strong knowledge of the PBIS, RtI, and school based mental health frameworks to support student outcomes.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving, collaborative and organizational skills, effective communication, and interpersonal skills.
The MTSS Supervisor reports to the Director of Diagnostic and Prevention Services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the implementation of the interconnected systems framework for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), Response to Intervention (RtI), and school based mental health services that are designed to educate the whole child and to improve educational outcomes for all students.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises, evaluates and provides support to the Behavior Support Coordinator and Response to Intervention Coordinator.
- Supervises the development and implementation of the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support framework that strategically integrates practices for addressing the academic, behavior, and social-emotional needs of students.
- Provides ongoing support to school based unified mental health teams in all schools; facilitates collaboration between general and special educators.
- Leads the division in creating a vision and systemic plan for building structures and capacity to support division-wide implementation in all schools and for addressing gaps in service delivery.
- Collaborates with the Office of Special Education, Office of Student Services, and the Department of Instruction to create system coherence for supporting the comprehensive needs of both general and special education students.
- Leads the development of professional learning and technical assistance for the division and school-based leadership teams on the key MTSS features that include evidence-based practices for core instruction and intervention, universal screening, progress monitoring, effective teaming, and data-driven decision making.
- Directs the ongoing evaluation, data collection and analysis, and reporting of MTSS outcomes.
- Performs related work as required.
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 3
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -