Research Associate for Population Sciences, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown Unive
Research Associate for Population Sciences, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown's Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) clinicians are dedicated to providing the best professional care, delivered with compassion, for all patients. Lombardi's internationally-renowned physicians treat virtually every type of cancer, including breast, lung, colorectal, prostate, head and neck, and cancers of the blood. Along with cutting-edge cancer care, we offer a program of innovative clinical trials and a full range of supportive care services to improve our patients' health and quality of life.
The Research Associate supports an National Cancer Institute-sponsored research project on DNA damages as biomarkers in cancer development and its prevention. S/he collaborates with several LCCC cores, such as the animal facility, Proteomics, and histology. The Research Associate has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Works with tissues from animal bioassays and cultured cells for DNA isolation.
- Performs LC-MS assay for detecting DNA damages.
- Works with antibodies to detect DNA adduct in tissues and cells.
- PhD in bio-analytical and bio-organic chemistry or an experienced MS as equivalent.
- 1 year of relevant experience in operating computer-based chemical analysis instruments and general laboratory functions
- Experiences in applying LC/MS using biological samples
- Strong chemistry background with some training in molecular and cellular biology.
- Expertise in DNA isolation and processing and familiar with LC-MS spectrometer
- Preference for skills in cell culture and molecular biology techniques
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.