Specialist - Marketing and Outreach
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Works collaboratively to research, design, create, and deliver marketing plans for the Office of Partnerships, Development, & Marketing in support of school system goals and initiatives - including strategic planning and the branding process. Regularly assists with a variety of platforms for social media and email marketing. Involved in representing AACPS in the community to increase awareness of opportunities for partnership with the school system. Helps to plan special events, constituent management, and fundraising campaigns.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Responds to general inquiries and requests made to the Division of Partnerships, Development, and Marketing and the 21st Century Education Foundation.
2. Develops and sustains rapport with key offices and stakeholders by identifying their marketing needs and anticipating opportunities to showcase successes.
3. Maintains a positive public image for school system programs and initiatives by developing and promoting a marketing toolkit for schools and offices that reinforce the goals of the 2017-2022 Strategic Plan and the priorities of the Superintendent of Schools.
4. As a member of the Division of Partnerships, Development, and Marketing, support school system events, fundraising efforts, and partnerships.
5. With appropriate staff members, creates protocols to ensure compliance with all policies and regulations pertaining to the use of social media.
6. Develops and refines communication platforms and tools to share content in a strategic, consistent manner.
7. Promotes school system programs and initiatives by planning, developing, implementing and evaluating marketing strategies and programs.
8. Assumes responsibility for ongoing communications with internal and external stakeholders.
9. Increase awareness of school system programs & initiatives by AACPS employees, parents, students, and community members.
10. Conducts market research studies and analyze findings, as needed.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with relevant coursework in marketing or advertising.
· Three years of experience in marketing & outreach or related field. Non-Profit/Development experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work on a collaborative team that works closely with school system administrators, business partners, and community organizations.
· Consistent compliance with general office procedures such as standards contained in the AACPS Employee Handbook, excellent customer service, discretion, punctuality and building dress code.
· Ability to work independently in an efficient and professional manner
· Web and graphic design experience preferred.
· Familiarity with Raisers' Edge or other donor/constituent management program preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations and organizations.
· Demonstrated proficiency with business software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, Outlook and/or PowerPoint preferred). Experience with internet-based software and electronic communication methods.
Career Ladder Requirements
Eligibility for Consideration for Advancement from Grade B to Grade C requires:
· Two (2) years continuous successful experience in the position at B grade level.
· Mastery of all responsibilities and duties of the position.
· Achievement of identified goals as they relate to the needs of the district and as established by the supervisor.
· Evidence of completion of additional training that may be recommended by supervisor and/or participation in approved professional development programs or courses, approved in advance by the supervisor.
· Consistent maintenance of an effective and orderly work environment.
· Consistent compliance with general office procedures such as standards contained in the AACPS Employee Handbook; demonstration of discretion and excellent customer service; regular and punctual attendance; and building dress code, including wearing AACPS ID badge.
· Above Satisfactory overall job performance for two most recent consecutive years.
· Recommendation of the supervisor.
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.