Clinical Practice Guidelines Specialist
Are you interested in an opportunity to bring your clinical guidelines expertise to a vibrant medical association at the forefront of the oncology field?
Cancer strikes millions of people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
Headquartered in Alexandria VA, ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes. ASCO offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about ASCO, please visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
ASCO has an exciting opportunity for a high-performing Clinical Practice Guidelines Specialist to join the growing Policy and Advocacy Department. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy using your writing, scientific, and research skills while making a difference in the oncology field, then we want to hear from you.
What you will do:
- Develop clinical practice guidelines, standards, endorsements, adaptations, and other oncology guidance products
- Conduct systematic literature reviews including protocol development, literature searches, quality appraisal, data extraction, data analyses, and report writing consistent with ASCO standards
- Coordinate and support the efforts of Guidelines Advisory Groups, and guideline-related Expert Panels or Working Groups
- Participate in the development of guideline-related: clinical tools and resources, informatics, data/content management, dissemination, implementation, evaluation initiatives or other related special projects as needed
- Participate in guideline streamlining, continuous quality improvement, and standardization of processes related to systematic review and clinical practice guideline development
- Provide support of the Board of Directors, committees and advisory groups with expertise or reports related to guideline content, informatics, data/content management, dissemination, implementation, evaluation, or other related special projects as needed
Qualified candidates should contribute:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience writing and supporting clinical practice guidelines, systematic literature review, data analysis, and report writing; experience in the oncology field including terminology is a plus
- Master’s degree in health research methodology, public health, or a library science field
- Working knowledge of statistical and methodological health research concepts; familiarity/experience with medical informatics
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; and an openness to embracing new technology
- Strong attention to detail, analytical with the ability to see the big picture, and focused on quality control
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, completing multiple tasks and a high volume of quality work, and strong self-management skills
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
- Experience with medical informatics in the cancer-related non-profit sector or with professional medical societies
- Experience with guideline dissemination, implementation, and evaluation
- Experience with health research and/or medical informatics platforms or methodologies e.g. Distiller, RevMan, GRADE, AGREE, ADAPT, AMSTAR, BridgeWiz, Guideline Elements Model, etc.
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Apply for Clinical Practice Guidelines Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly