Experienced Logistics Router
Are you someone who has experience mapping and developing shipping and transportation routes? Are you looking for ideal M-F part time hours with a company that has growth opportunity and a chance to join their team permanently? Do you have a pair of steel toed boots in your closet and enjoy being in a warehouse environment without having to do the manual labor of standard warehouse work? Then this is the position for you! Sparks Group has partnered with a notable and local logistics company in a search for a part time Router in their Jessup, MD location. This individual will map out routes for deliveries up and down their Mid-Atlantic region and ensure optimum productivity for each truck. If you are someone who is comfortable in a warehouse environment, who loves the logistics of route planning, and is looking for a long term part time opportunity with the potential to become a permanent opportunity then you don't want to miss this chance!
• Route vehicles for loading by considering the weight of the product, the destination, the route, the rate, and the time of shipment and distance of route
• Continually monitor driver activities, schedules, and absences to ensure optimum productivity
• Assist with the management of the daily operation of the department
• Ensure on time delivery of planned routes and same-day routes
• Account for all resources
• Communicate information quickly and accurately
• Qualified candidates will possess a HS diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 1 year of experience routing in the Mid-Atlantic region is required - 3 years is preferred
• Excellent candidates will be fully proficient in their PC skills as well as Microsoft Office - experience with Roadnet, Forward Thinking, or similar transportation routing and telematics software is a bonus!
• Candidates must have EXCELLENT oral and written communication skills and be able to multitask and use wise time management
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Apply for Experienced Logistics Router
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly