Recreation Programs Coordinator - Youth Success
The City of Takoma Park Recreation Department is seeking a dynamic and creative Recreation Programs Coordinator to manage new teen and young adult programs. The incumbent will develop and implement programming to promote youth success through: outreach, enrichment activities and workforce/college readiness services for the City’s young residents. If you are passionate about building a stronger foundation for young people through experiences and opportunities; this is the position for you! The Recreation Programs Coordinator for Youth Success will report directly to the Department’s Recreation Manager II. This is a full-time, 40 hours a week position and is subject to membership in the AFSCME union. Hiring range is $21.19 - $23.99 per hour depending on qualifications. First review of applications will be Sept. 22nd.
- Establish positive relationships with schools, youth serving agencies and community organizations.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate a variety of developmental programs for teens.
- Collaborate with a range of partners to plan and deliver services to meet identified needs of the City’s young residents.
- Market and promote enrichment activities and opportunities through local media, direct outreach, social media, etc.
- Evaluate program effectiveness and participant satisfaction. Report program and participant data to the Recreation Manager II.
- Coordinate participant recruitment for programming and services.
- Coordinate special events, field trips and organize transportation for participants.
- Provide general information to youth regarding employment and college opportunities and services.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Related Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- General knowledge of teen programming and management experience.
- General knowledge of community resources and organizations.
- Skill in planning and problem solving.
- Skill in written and oral communication.
- Ability to motivate participants.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to carry 25 lbs.
- One to two years of progressively responsible experience or any combination of education, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The City offer an excellent benefits package to include State retirement plan; medical, dental and life insurance; long-term disability; employee assistance program; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; and other supplemental programs.
To officially apply please complete an online application at: www.takomaparkmd.gov