Senior SharePoint Engineer - Active TS/SCI required
GDIT is seeking a well-qualified, experienced and talented SharePoint Engineer to join our Business Application Team. The SharePoint Engineer will play a central role in the infrastructure and solution lifecycle including: establishing new and maintaining existing multi-farm SharePoint environments, responding to feature and configuration requests, designing solutions and envisioning follow up work. The SharePoint Engineer will also play an integral role in the design, development, customization and integration efforts of solutions involving Collaboration Portals, Content Management and Business Process improvements where SharePoint is the designated solution.
The SharePoint Engineer's core responsibilities shall include but not be limited to
Installing and Configuring SharePoint farms, architecture, deployment, monitoring and overall daily administration
- Execution of SharePoint service delivery with stability and high availability to ensure it is a robust and reliable Enterprise collaboration solution
- Provide thought leadership on best practices for solution design, with a thorough understanding of enterprise application integration including the use of business process and forms, business intelligence, collaboration services, collaborative document management, and portal interaction
- Create partnerships with all areas in the service delivery chain and understand their processes and guidelines for delivery
- Support the implementation of custom SharePoint-based solutions and 3rd party tool integration
- Design and configure federated enterprise search-driven application solutions using managed metadata, content type hub and custom refiners
- Develop, execute, and document procedures and standards adhering to SharePoint best practices
- Provide 3rd tier support to all areas of the business and will mentor, train and foster lower support tiers
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related software development experience.
DoDI 8570.01m Certification required
MCSE / MCSA preferred
ITIL v3 Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years hands-on experience installing, configuring and maintaining large SharePoint multi-farm topologies
- Experience with high availability and disaster recovery infrastructure design and implementation in a multi-farm shared services SharePoint environment
- Working knowledge of following related technologies: SQL Server, IIS, Active Directory, DNS, Load Balancing and Windows Server 2012
- Experience establishing federated SharePoint search incorporating managed metadata
- Proficiency in the following is a plus: Social Collaboration platforms, Exchange/Lync Integration, mobile integration, performance tuning, Nintex workflows, SharePoint On-Premise and SharePoint On Line/Office 365 integration
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to work effectively between organizations at all levels
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision to achieve project milestones and deadlines
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.