Special Projects Manager
The Transit Employees Health & Welfare Fund (“Fund”), located in Forestville, MD, is currently seeking a full-time Special Projects Manager, reporting directly to the Executive Director, who oversees the operations of the Fund and reports to the Board of Trustees. The Fund is administered by a Board of Trustees comprised of equal numbers of Trustees appointed by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (“WMATA”) and the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 689 (“Local 689”). Participants in the Fund include the WMATA employees represented by Local 689 – bus operators, train operators, maintenance and construction workers, custodial workers, and clerical staff. The Fund offers three (3) medical plan options – a PPO and two HMOs – to its membership of 8,400 participants, 3,600 retirees and their families.
The Special Projects Manager has three (3) primary areas of responsibility as follows:
- Business Analysis and Continuous Process Improvement/Re-engineering (50%) – Gain understanding of current benefits administration systems and related work flows and functionalities; Develop, implement and interpret regular production/activity reports for office; Research, analyze, and propose cost-effective means of enhancing service, effectiveness, and efficiency in office administration; Develop/redesign office policies and procedures; Act as a liaison between office automation/technology vendors, consultants, project managers and operations staff to identify areas of process improvement; Develop ongoing process improvement initiatives for the Fund.
- Special Projects (40%) – Oversee initial implementation and ongoing management of the Fund’s benefits administration system; Coordinate office response in discovery process, implementation and testing with external systems vendor and other stakeholders; Organize stakeholder input and communicate results with stakeholders; Participate in and manage other special projects as assigned.
- Customer Service (10%) – Interact with participants as needed, responding to questions and guiding them to the appropriate service; Provide ongoing analysis of customer service processes; Develop and implement plans to continually train customer service representatives.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Work Experience: Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of management experience required, including demonstrated experience in directing or managing people and system conversion projects. Experience with HRIS and/or health plan management/administration is preferred.
- Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree in management or related field required; advanced degree (e.g., MBA) or certification (e.g., CEBS) is preferred.
- Special Skills or Credentials: Have demonstrated strong leadership and judgment skills, be detail oriented, highly organized and resourceful, be a team player and have excellent interpersonal, and communication skills; ability to meet stringent deadlines; Strong knowledge of health benefits, administration and/or HRIS or claims systems and of the MS Office Suite; Highly process oriented with an ability to interpret work processes to computer application system designers; Ability to identify office automation opportunities and prioritize areas for continued process improvement.
The Fund is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability.
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include job reference code 0917TEWP in the subject line or with your application.
Apply for Special Projects Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly