Project Coordinator I (1144)
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1144
JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator I
SALARY: Up to $57,540 (Commensurate w/experience)
Grade (7); Full-time; Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Project Manager
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
This is a critical time for policing and the International Association of Chiefs of Police is at the forefront, working to engage communities and promote best practices. The world is in a period of change and IACP is responding with a myriad of new initiatives and member services that bring together innovation, research, and dedication to the field. The association is looking for people with the passion, energy, and commitment to help us move the field of criminal justice forward. We seek to hire a Project Coordinator to support non-grant and grant-funded initiatives to include Law Enforcement Policy Center and IACP’s Legislative Affairs efforts.
Working with IACP staff, project partners, and stakeholders, the Project Coordinator will aid in
- Researching a variety of policy and legislative topics, recognizing trends, and synthesizing information into clear, concise documents
- Applying critical thinking and analysis abilities
- Assessing, evaluating, and enhancing existing training and resources
- Developing customized resources to meet identified needs, to include publications, guidebooks, reports, webinars, workshop presentations, etc.
- Providing on-site assistance at events with oversight of meeting/event materials, contracts, logistics, budget tracking and collaboration on subject matter content
- Designing project materials such as information sheets, evaluation forms, worksheets, and activities
- Serve as the IACP’s representative and advocate in meetings with Congressional, Agency and Administration officials
- Write legislative updates for membership distribution
- Assist members in preparing testimony before Congress
- Creating and supporting project outreach, marketing, and information dissemination including social media posts
- Maintaining communication with project team, including all IACP staff, and national and international partners
- Others duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in subject-related field or combination of education and experience in subject-related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of training support or event coordination experience preferably in a non-profit organization, association, or criminal justice environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Required Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills to include ability to troubleshoot problems from multiple perspectives
- Effective tasks prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Effective collaboration and team work with diverse colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Experience with and ability to plan events and make logistical arrangements for individuals and groups
- Ability to process invoices and other financial requests
- Capacity to track data and create associated reports
- Basic understanding of relevant project subject matter
- Capacity to work collaboratively and productively with the project team, law enforcement professionals and funding agencies under deadlines
- Occasional travel may be required
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by September 22, 2017.
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10 paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym Access