Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Participates in the design and coding of software products.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
- Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
- Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.