This position is located in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Office of Consumer Response. Consumer Response hears directly from consumers about the challenges they face in the marketplace and empowers consumers to take more control over their financial lives by answering questions, handling complaints, and sharing data. Consumer Response brings consumers' concerns to the attention of companies and informs the Bureau about business practices that may pose risks to consumers to support the Bureau as it supervises companies, enforces Federal consumer financial laws, educates consumers, and writes better rules and regulations.
See our tips on the application process and printable checklist to ensure each step of the application is completed.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
For the CN-53 you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the CN-52 grade level in the Federal service (CN-52 is generally equivalent to the GS-12). Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Simultaneously managing multiple cross functional projects involving numerous internal and external stakeholders;
- Managing short and long term projects with strict deadlines;
- Establishing project management standards, methodologies, processes, and principles used by multiple organizational groups;
- Providing guidance and accountability to project team members including contractors or vendors on project related methods, standards, progress and reporting requirements;
- Developing and applying risk mitigation or contingency plans; AND
- Communicating critical issues related to resources and impacts.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
-Ethics: CFPB employees are subject to government-wide ethical standards of conduct, financial disclosure requirements, and post-employment prohibitions, which applicants may review at www.oge.gov. In addition, CFPB employees must comply with the Supplemental Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (5 CFR 9401), which, among other things, prohibit an employee or the employee’s spouse or minor child from owning or controlling a debt or equity interest in an entity supervised by CFPB. CFPB’s regulations also impose restrictions on the outside activities of certain Bureau employees, including examiners and attorneys. Applicants may review the CFPB ethics regulations and a summary of the regulations at www.consumerfinance.gov. Questions regarding these requirements and prohibitions should be directed to the CFPB Ethics Office at EthicsHelp@cfpb.gov.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, written exercise and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Note: If a cover letter is submitted, it may be used to assess your qualifications.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Project Management
- Oral Communication
- Work Management
- Analytical/Critical Thinking
The written exercise will be evaluated by trained Subject Matter Experts on the following subset of factors defined above:
- Subject Matter Expertise - Project Management
- Oral Communication
- Work Management
- Analytical Thinking
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation