IT Project Manager (CUSTOMER SUPPORT)
This position is located in the Digitization Program Office (DPO), Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The incumbent supports the DPO goal of creating a vibrant digitization culture at the Smithsonian, and focuses on increasing the quality and quantity of enterprise wide Smithsonian digital assets by supporting digitization projects, promoting expertise sharing on capture and workflow, providing technical expertise to the units, and supporting DPO senior staff with internal and external collaborations. The incumbent supports the mission of the DPO by managing digitization projects and supporting long-term programs.Learn more about this agency
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
For information on qualification requirements, see Qualification Standards Handbook for General Schedule Positions viewable on the web at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
For this position, specialized experience is defined as experience managing short term IT digitization projects in one of the following organizations: library, archive, museum, research center; or a similar scientific, historical or cultural institution setting. This experience includes serving as either a digital photographer or digital imaging specialist using digital equipment, programs and software to create digital images for the organization.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Or Education: Three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree related to this position may be substituted to meet the experience requirements.
Or a Combination: Education and experience may be combined to meet the basic qualifications. For a full explanation of this option please see the Qualification Standards.
Special Instructions for Foreign Education: If you are qualifying by education and/or you have education completed in a foreign college/university described above, it is your responsibility to provide transcripts and proof of U.S. accreditation for foreign study. For instructions on where to fax these documents, see the "Required Documents" section of this announcement.
In addition to meeting the Specialized Experience for all positions individuals must have related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service: Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external business partners and customers (any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unity produces including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government). Provides information or assistance. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. Effectively manages customer relationships.
- Oral Communication: Makes clear and convincing oral presentations to individuals and groups. Listens effectively; clarifies information, as needed. Speaks and writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner that is appropriate to the audience. Facilitates an open exchange of ideas to ensure all group input is considered. Handles technical, sensitive, or controversial topics with agility involving executives/managers as appropriate.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems, weighs relevance and accuracy of information, generates and evaluates alternative solutions, and makes sound recommendations.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Flexible Spending Accounts - http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Ability to manage short and long term, multi-phase IT digitization projects in a library, archive, museum or research center; or similar historical or cultural institution setting.
- Ability as a digital photographer or digital imaging specialist to use digital equipment, programs and software to create digital images of museum collections in a cultural heritage or scientific collections environment.
- Ability to apply FADGI based standards, Golden Thread standardized imaging targets, and the DICE/Golden Thread software suite to assess resolution, color accuracy, tonal response and other digital imaging characteristics, gained through work experience.
- Ability to use colorimeters or spectrocolorimeters to measure object/specimen color, using inspection microscopes to measure object detail size, and using light meters to measure proper exposure level, gained through work experience.
Best Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most of the job related competencies above.
Better Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and satisfies most of the job related competencies above.
Good Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements, but does not satisfy most of the job related competencies above to a substantive degree. This category rating process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three", but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category.
A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Category) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. Applicants who have not submitted a resume in the USAjobs system and/or have not answered all of the vacancy questions will not be considered for this position.
Important Note: Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Your resume should provide sufficient information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation