Laborer (Special Events) NA-02
Welcome to the Family and Morale, Welfare & Recreation Activities at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. We proudly serve Military Members, Retirees, DOD Civilians and Family members in the surrounding area. Our military mission is global. As a strategic sustaining base for America's Army the work we do is vital to the success of the goals and objectives of the nation's defense strategy. A list of the organizations who call Fort Belvoir home reads like a "Who's Who" of the Department of Defense. No other Army installation in the world can compare to Fort Belvoir and its singular mission to provide logistical, intelligence and administrative support to such a diverse mix of commands, activities and agencies. Fort Belvoir has changed in many ways over the past several years, but some things will always remain the same. As dedicated stewards of the environment, we will continue to work always to conserve the natural beauty of the land around us, and to preserve our standing as one of America's enduring installations. Belvoir will always mean "Beautiful To See."
This position is located at the Fort Belvoir Community Center.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty.
2. A one-year probationary period may be required.
3. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
4. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
NOTE (1): Applicants have the ability to perform an E-Verify Self Check to confirm employment eligibility at http://www.uscis.gov/mye-verify/self-check. Although a Self-Check is not mandatory, it can be a useful tool for applicants to find out if there is a problem with their employment eligibility records and resolve any issues before taking a job.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs (click here to view kit or copy this URL: www.armycivilianservice.com/JOA/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf )
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation