Occasional travel - Travel between Frederick and Silver Spring, MD
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment of background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation and Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI).
- A current health assessment and immunizations IAW current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
- Travel to on and off post locations may be required.
- Schedule includes irregular hours, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors.
- The ability to obtain (within first six months of employment) and maintain a Food Protection Manager Certification acquired through an American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-accredited agency is required.
- Candidates must indicate the ability to perform the work of Cook, NA-08 without more than normal supervision.
- Must have experience demonstrating knowledge of a full range of food preparation techniques needed to: Develop and revise standardized recipes, coordinate cooking in large quantities using complex recipes and varied cooking methods, prepare foods for special/modified diets (i.e., diabetic exchanges, low sodium, food allergies), and instruct lower-level cooks.
- Must have experience using a variety of commercial food service tools and equipment to include cleaning and sanitation practices.
- Must have basic math skills needed to modify recipes for large quantities and to determine portion sizes.
- Must be able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs, is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs (click here to view kit or copy this URL: www.armycivilianservice.com/JOA/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf )
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)