About the Position:
The Department of the Army offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes comprehensive health and life insurance; generous retirement program; long-term care insurance; paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time; flexible work environment. This position is located at the Directorate of Emergency Services (DES)-Provost Marshal Office (PMO), located at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
· This position requires that you obtain and maintain a valid state driver's license ·This position may require heavy lifting of persons weighing up to 150 lbs.
· This position requires that you complete and pass a physical agility test on an annual basis
· This position requires that you successfully complete CPR and First Aid training
· This position requires that you wear the uniform provided by the installation.
· This position requires that you complete and successfully pass a semi-annual weapons qualifications test
· This position requires that you submit to random urinalysis exams and sign a DA Form 5019 drug testing
· This position may require you to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) i.e. gas masks
· This position requires that you comply with the Agency's Individual Reliability Program
· This position requires that you obtain and maintain a Access National Agency Check Inquiry (ANACI)
· This position is subject to periodic medical examinations
· This position requires that you complete security guard training
· This position requires rotating shifts that include weekends and holidays
· This position requires that you work overtime
· This position requires that you take and pass a pre-employment physical
· This position requires that you obtain and maintain a secret clearance
· This position is Mission Essential and is required to report to work in inclement weather even when the
Government is closed and is subject to emergency recall.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
Specialized experience is defined as: Detection and prevention of theft, damage, and/or trespassing,
performing vehicle searches, confiscating unauthorized items, directing traffic flow, verifying identification
and controlling access to premises .
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
· Knowledge of Security Operations and Procedure
· Knowledge of Security Laws and Regulations
· Ability to Control Access to Installation
· Ability to Patrol Access to Installation
· Ability to Detect and Detain Violators
· Ability to Divert Traffic During Accidents/Emergency
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty in handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.Read more Security clearance Secret