Summary PenFed is hiring an Mortgage Closer-2nd Trust in Alexandria, VA . The primary purpose of this job is to provide Members closing and funding on a refinance or a purchase mortgage loan with detailed guidance and advice while using a sales driven mindset. Ensures exceptional Member service by owning the process from application closing through funding and providing on-going communication to Member and business partners. Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
Act as Members main point of contact throughout the closing and funding process, ensuring excellent levels of member service by providing guidance/advice/counsel on the closing process, documents, and funding in a detailed and comprehensive manner.
Remain main point of contact with borrower through closing and funding and answer any questions that borrower may have (e.g. questions on the CD).
Reviews title and survey for exceptions. Reviews and audits loan documentation to ensure all underwriting conditions have been met.
- Calculates closing figures. Coordinates funding of the loan with the Accounting and Wire Departments and works to resolve any GL booking issues. May issue creditor checks. Reviews and approves final HUD1 Settelement Statement
- Prints closing documents and/or transmits closings documents through ELYNX to the settlement office.
- Audits closing documents and obtains any missing documents prior to the time of closing.
- Answers all inquiries regarding closing issues and scheduling.
- Maintains a working knowledge of VA and purchase loan closing documentation, required loan conditions, and post closing follow up.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all federal, state, investor and internal policies and procedures with regard to closings.
- Maintains a working knowledge of both origination systems for equity loans and lines of credit
- Provides support and guidance as needed to the 1st Mortgage Post Closing Clerks
- Prepares processing and legal files for shipment to the proper location for imaging and storage.
- Assists with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Manage and cure any QC loan issues that require borrower communication. As required, ensure proper re-disclosures are prepared and delivered to the member within regulatory guidelines based on identified change in circumstances Based on the business needs, may assist in other areas as requested (these duties may fall under the scope of other job functions within Correspondent, 1st and 2nd mortgages.
Associate’s Degree in a related field preferred.
Minimum of one(1) year of experience preferably in residential mortgage lending in 1st Trust Mortgage or Home Equity processing/closing is preferred.
Bi-lingual, fluent in both English and Spanish is beneficial.
This position will not supervise employees
There are no additional certifications for this position.