Information & Service Specialist, Benefits Services - Office of Faculty & Staff Benefits (OFSB)
Information & Service Specialist, Benefits Services - Office of Faculty & Staff Benefits
The Information & Service Specialist is the initial representative for in-person, telephone and email inquiries made by faculty and staff to the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits (OFSB) and Payroll Services. As well, the Specialist is the initial contact for job applicants and visitors seeking general information relating to Human Resources and/or Benefits at Georgetown University. Reporting to the Benefits Services Officer, the Information and Service Specialist has duties include but are not limited to:
- Greets and screens all visitors and callers to the OFSB, Payroll Services, and University Human Resources departments in a welcoming and courteous manner, ensuring the highest level of customer service.
- Shares responsibility for the opening, closing, and overall staffing of Information Portals at 3 separate locations (Wisconsin Avenue, Main Campus, and George6town Law Campus), and maintains an orderly environment that meets the needs of guests and staff.
- Cultivates and maintains a thorough knowledge of all benefit plans offered, processes, forms, and services, as well as with the contents of the websites of both OFSB and University Human Resources.
- Cultivates and maintains proficiency in the use of Georgetown Management System (Workday) to ensure accurate processing of benefit enrollments and/or changes, and to research information relevant to specific inquiries.
- Sorts all external and campus incoming mail, and then faxes and distributes, as appropriate, to the correct recipient.
- Manages and maintains an updated inventory of forms, publications, and information.
- Assists as needed in the preparation and delivery of Benefits Orientation.
- Triages all customer requests, referring as necessary to those better handled by a Benefits Analyst or a University Human Resources staff member.
- Provides appropriate and accurate information and forms to customers, and responds to the Benefitshelp email inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assists with Open Enrollment events (for example GUWellness Fairs and Enrollment Labs), with planning and implementation of Benefits-related events, activities and programs; and with promotional and educational marketing campaigns relating to these initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience handling telephones and customers in a very busy, complex office setting - or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Bilingual (Spanish & English) strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and to put people at ease
- Ability to learn a wide range of OFSB, Payroll, and Human Resources programs, policies and services, and to disseminate information about the same to others
- Excellent people skills, strong customer service orientation, and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starter with good decision-making skills and the ability to multi-take and prioritize
- Strong communication skills - particularly during telephone conversations
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and Georgetown Management System (Workday)
- Experience with project and event management and/or coordination of educational and/or mid-sized wellness events
- Familiarity with HIPPA regulations
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.