Ed. Studies Telephone Help Desk
Westat is currently seeking an individual to call school districts, schools, teachers, and other organizations to encourage response to a survey request and to answer questions about the survey. Staff will make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The candidate must have the ability and willingness to pass Federal Government (e-QIP) background clearance, including a check of credit records. A successful applicant must possess excellent oral and written communication in English, good writing skills (e.g., spelling and grammar) and ability to summarize a conversation in writing.
Ability to use computerized management system and web survey application. Dependable and able to work 30-40 hours per week during Monday through Friday. Professional courtesy and proper phone etiquette. Strong problem-solving skills.
· A High School Diploma or GED is required to apply
· Must be able to work at our Rockville/ Gaithersburg, MD locations
· Must be available to work a 6 to 8 hour shift starting no earlier than 7:30 am and ending no later than 6:30 pm, at least 4 days per week (no weekends)
· Experience in using computer-based survey management systems
· Experience in using time efficiently to make prompt calls to survey respondents and convince them to complete surveys
· Experience using Excel, Access or similar databases
· Prior Westat experience working on education surveys
These assignments are hourly positions. Benefits are based on hours worked and tenure.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.