Business Analyst II
Provide inspection software training, business process evaluation, technical support and web page management. Primary duties include designing, developing, and conducting training classes for employees and supervisors to include PowerPoint presentations, user manuals, classroom instruction, and "how to" guides. Other responsibilities include trouble-shooting hardware and software issues; developing system enhancements that meet business process needs, assisting with database management and cleanup; and managing the Office of the Fire Marshal web pages.Illustrative Duties
- Analyzes business operations;
- Studies, researches, and conducts cost/benefit studies evaluating existing or proposed systems;
- Assists in the preparation of short- and long-range information technology plans;
- Prepares performance measure reports;
- Conducts discussions with agency representatives to review, evaluate, and analyze existing systems;
- Defines problems and information processing requirements;
- Recommends procedural and operating improvements;
- Identify needed automation support;
- Administers specialized departmental systems; performs day-to-day maintenance of systems;
- Identifies and tests system enhancements;
- Evaluates system performance and makes recommendations for increased efficiency;
- Identifies business needs and business process improvements;
- Represents the agency in new system implementation;
- Participates in the evaluation of design elements;
- Assists technical staff in developing and preparing system design documents;
- Develops, conducts, and coordinates acceptance testing;
- Advises technical staff in designing systems outputs and formats;
- Assists in determining causes of system problems and works with technical staff to determine appropriate corrective actions;
- Acts as intermediary between users and technical staff to resolve problems;
- Participates in developing user training manual;
- Provides training to users;
- Coordinates and oversees maintenance and inventory of agency hardware and software;
- Works closely with agency IT technical staff;
- Develops and provides technical briefings for staff on new services and system components;
- provides technical support and training to users of installed software;
- Attends training workshops, product demonstrations, conferences, and technical briefings;
- Stays abreast of technology changes;
- Provides assistance to other staff as needed;
- Serves on committees and task forces and undertakes special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of capabilities of information technology software, hardware, and network communication technology;
- Knowledge of the capabilities of various computer platforms functioning in centralized, distributed, client server, and stand alone environments;
- Knowledge of effective processes, methods, techniques to analyze and evaluate business operations;
- Ability to analyze and evaluate administrative processes and procedures for automation purposes;
- Ability to conduct research into new information technology;
- Ability to train employees in the use of hardware and software;
- Ability to prepare user manuals;
- Ability to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to management and employees;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to possession of a bachelor's degree in business, computer science or a field related to the department where the information technology services are being used; plus two years of experience analyzing business processes and/or developing/maintaining the main business system, technical platform or a related system.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Valid driver's license.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Experience in designing and implementing training courses and user manuals; experience in conducting training to include hands-on exercises. Detail oriented. Experience with the following: Web Content Management, , Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Publisher) and with using research tools including the Internet. Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to work with minimal direct supervision; and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Job is generally sedentary in nature, however, visual acuity is required to read data on computer monitor, incumbent must be able to operate keyboard driven equipment. Must communicate with others. Employee may be required to lift up to 15 pounds. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.