Purchasing Agent (S16)
7 days left
- Full Time
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Your Journey Begins With Us!
Join our Team!
Grade and Salary Range
S16, $49,240 - $68,936
Crystal City, VA
There is promotion potential to position S17 grade level.
Have you ever wondered who runs Reagan National Airport? Or Dulles International Airport? Or the Dulles Toll Road? We do! We’re the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and we’re looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us continue our tradition of outstanding service to travelers in the Washington Metropolitan area. In 2016 alone, we served more than 44 million air passengers. We offer an array of benefits programs, including vacation, retirement, and health benefits. Whether you are traveling the world or plotting your career path, your journey begins with us.
Our Core Values are: MUTUAL RESPECT…INTEGRITY…PRIDE…COLLABORATION
To review our benefits information please
· Purchasing Agent
· This is a developmental job at the “first rung of a career ladder” that is intended to lead to the full performance level of work.
· Works under the direct supervision of the Purchasing Agent Supervisor.
· Serves in the Procurement and Contracts Department in the Office of Supply Chain Management at the Corporate Office Building.
The successful candidate procures a variety of limited dollar value goods, services and small construction-related supplies through noncompetitive open market purchases or through established contracts and competitive open market purchases.
To review the description of duties, please
Please note: You should review this job description, in particular the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) requirements listed. Please reply to KSAs one (1) through (4) only. In the application process, you will be asked to relate your experience, training and education to the KSAs in a narrative format. The rest of the KSAs will be assessed during the application process.
We would suggest that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the assessment questionnaire. If the required information is provided in your resume, please direct the reviewer to the specific section of the document where this information can be found.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQS):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A high school diploma, a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
2. Two years of progressively responsible experience coordinating or providing a wide range of administrative-logistical support services in support of a professional staff.
Note: At least one (1) (of the two) years of experience must be in supporting procurement/contracting functions.
3. Must have a valid state driver’s license in good standing
- Public sector purchasing experience.
- Experience using an automated procurement system, such as an enterprise system, covering the procurement-supply chain.
- General knowledge of, and ability to apply, types of contracts (e.g., firm fixed-price and fixed unit price), solicitation and purchasing methods (e.g., RFQ, IFB) and purchasing procedures.
- A Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC) Procurement Certification or another nationally/Federally recognized procurement certification/credential.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.