IT Telecommunications Specialist Position # 109183
Duties and responsibilities:
The Universities at Shady Grove is recruiting for an IT Telecommunications Specialist. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Datacenter and Systems Services, the IT Telecommunications Specialist provides advanced support, maintenance and administration of campus-wide technical resources including complex preventive maintenance and advanced troubleshooting. This position will work closely with other units within the IT department to coordinate and perform
the installation of computer hardware including workstations, servers, appliances, memory, storage, peripherals, uninterrupted power supplies, KVM systems, and other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or GED AND Five years directly related experience.
The successful candidate will have:
· Associates or Bachelor Degree in information systems or related field a plus.
VMware vSphere and VMware View Certifications (VCP, VCA, etc) preferred.
· Five years of hardware and software support, including at least two years of which include end user support, user training, and/or system administration.
· Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager experience preferred.
· Microsoft Active Directory Domain Administration experience preferred.
· Faronics Deep Freeze experience preferred.
· ManageEngine AD Manager / Self Help Portal experience preferred.
· Apple Mac OSX, Deploy Studio, ARD, Bootrunner, Winclone experience preferred.
· Possess excellent written and verbal skills, a positive customer service
attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
This position is located in Rockville, MD.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience. The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 11 Days Annual Leave; 15 Days Sick Leave; 3 Days Personal Leave; 15 Paid Holidays; Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage.