Technical Lead - MIRD Technical Support
- Serves as the technical lead for technical support services for the Monitoring and Incident Response Division.
- The technical support lead will lead a team of engineers that provide technical expertise and support services for an organization focused on providing 24x7 technical support, monitoring, and incident response.
- The technical support team maintains the cyber technical infrastructure onsite and at several remote locations.
- The technical support lead will assist with new security tools deployment and work with the Research and Integrations team on new technologies and capabilities.
- Liaises and coordinates with operational managers and other entities within the Department and with outside agencies.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related technical discipline. Four (4) additional years of general experience (as defined below) may be substituted for the degree.
Certification Required: CISSP
Certifications Desired: ITIL
- Seven years of experience in network center management and operation with increasing responsibilities. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills. Previous security operations center (e.g., SOC) experience would be preferred.
- Knowledge and direct experience implementing ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment
- Previous experience managing cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives.
- Five (5) years of current experience in 24x7x365 network security monitoring operations of similar IT environments.
- Five (5) years of current experience in managing network security monitoring, detection, and analysis tools, to include IDS, IPS, DLP, SEIM, etc.
- Five (5) years of working knowledge of network protocols, enterprise architecture, and network security systems and products.
- Demonstrated expertise in deploying and maintaining open source network security monitoring and assessment tools.
- Experience developing and conducting detailed, technical, and hands on training.
- Demonstrated analytical and communications skills.
- Experience with scripting and development tools including, but not limited to: PowerShell, VBScript Perl, Ruby, or Python
- Five (5) years of technical task management and supervisory experience.
Security Clearance: TS
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.