Technical Lead- IT Environment Support
- Serves as the technical lead for IT Environment support for the Cyber and Technical Security organization.
- The technical lead will support a team of engineers that operate and administer the LAN and web environments for the organization.
- This includes desktops, printers and other devices.
- The IT Environment team maintains the technical infrastructure onsite and at several remote locations.
- Ensure day-to-day operations of tools and systems, as well as, proactively remediate errors or inconsistencies.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related technical discipline. Four (4) additional years of general experience (as defined below) may be substituted for the degree.
Certification Required: CISSP
Certifications Desired: ITIL
- Three years of experience in network center management and operation with increasing responsibilities. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge and direct experience implementing ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment
- Previous experience managing cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives.
- Three (3) years of current experience in 24x7x365 IT operations and general LAN support services at similar IT environments.
- Demonstrated expertise in deploying and maintaining general IT systems and devices to include:
- Administer user accounts for all domains, servers, and workstations in an Active Directory environment; maintain user profiles; provide helpdesk functions, including user training and support
- Support virus protection program; track and apply virus definition updates
- Develop and maintaining LAN contingency plans; conducting annual contingency plan testing
- Develop and maintain documentation in support of obtaining authorization to operate
- Perform inventory management for computer equipment, hardware, software, and supplies
- Conduct physical inventory annually and as required
- Provide monthly project status reports and quality performance measures
- Demonstrated analytical and communications skills.
- Three (3) years of technical task management and supervisory experience.
Security Clearance: TS
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.