Technical Lead- Configuration Standards
- Serves as the technical lead for the security configuration management program for the Cyber and Technical Security organization.
- The technical lead will support a team that develops, publishes, and maintains security configuration standards for the Department to provide for consistent security configuration of web applications, operating systems, databases, and special devices.
- Ensures that standards are Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) compliant and are for hardware and software systems based on FISMA, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), United States Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB) and other governing authorities.
- The program office reviews and updates, as required, the established security configuration standards semi-annually.
- The task lead collaborates with system owners across the Department to ensure business needs are met.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related technical discipline. Four (4) additional years of general experience (as defined below) may be substituted for the degree.
Certification Required: CISSP
Certifications Desired: ITIL
- Seven years of experience in security configuration management with increasing responsibilities. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge and direct experience implementing ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment
- Previous experience managing cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives.
- Five years of current experience in security configuration standards development and maintenance within similar environments to include:
- Developing configuration standards using Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) to supplement published Government, Industry or vendor standards, such as DISA STIGs, NIST, and USGCB.
- Developing automated scanning methodologies for configuration standards
- Provide monthly project status reports as part of the ESS Task Status Report by the 15th of each month, containing details as described in paragraph 7.2, Program Management and Administration
- Provide monthly project status reports and quality performance measures
- Demonstrated analytical and communications skills.
- Three (3) years of technical task management and supervisory experience.
Security Clearance: TS
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.