Subject Matter Expert- Security Planning and Execution Support
Program Description: Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the delivery of program planning, execution, and reporting for programs and activities. The SME will provide thought leadership on strategic vision and forward thinking approaches, technologies and techniques to continually position programs to adapt and move to the next level, aligning with Department goals and objectives
- The SME provides design, architecture, policy, strategy and engineering technical direction and leadership.
- Recommends solutions for security problems in existing systems or systems in development.
- Applies or assists with application of formal methods in security architecture, security system design and engineering, and security technology integration and deployment.
- Leads and participates in security tests and evaluations, studies and experiments.
- Conducts technical and management briefings.
- Performs quality control; ensures contractor performance meets established performance standards.
- Identifies and promotes process improvements
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
Certification Required: CISSP
- 12 years of experience in IT, cyber security, and/or other projects related to critical network infrastructure protection. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
- Research, advice, and present briefings on trends in cyber security in the Federal Government and in Industry
- Recommend and support implementation and execution of new programs in response to new and emerging national security initiatives; identify and recommend programmatic improvement opportunities
- Advise on the effective implementation of Department level cyber programs
- Direct experience of FISMA compliance requirements and risk management delivery principles and best practices.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of operational cybersecurity processes, procedures and best practices as practiced within the Federal government.
- Must be able to communicate across multiple levels, including to Senior Executives. They must be able to provide context around briefings and to present a solid position.
- Possess ability to present cyber approaches to stakeholders, including engineers and analysts, to gain the necessary engagement to support successful implementation of new technologies and enhancements to existing technologies
- Eight (8) years of current experience in cyber security system or solution design, engineering, evaluation, integration and/or deployment.
- Five (5) years of experience in managing enterprise wide cyber security programs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide cyber security guidance at the authoritative level.
- Consistently challenge existing strategies and programs efforts to demonstrate relevance to established priorities
- Prepare White Papers, Gap Analysis, and Strategic Position Papers as required
- Maintain both a tactical to a long-term strategic outlook for Program needed capabilities and trends.
- Demonstrated analytical and communications skills.
Security Clearance: TS
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.