Task Manager- Criminal Investigations & Forensics
- Serves as the task manager for the criminal investigations and forensics program within the Cyber Threat and Investigations organization.
- The task manager will lead a team that conducts technical examinations to identify potential security risks to the department.
- Conduct research that focuses on rapidly emerging cyber threats, and the methods and processes employed by adversary employment of cyber warfare techniques, as well as offensive capabilities.
- Resolve highly complex malware and intrusion issues using computer host analysis, forensics, and reverse engineering.
- Discover, analyze, diagnose, and report on malware events, files and network intrusion and vulnerability issues.
- Recommend counter measures to malware and other malicious type code and applications that exploit customer communication systems.
- Interfaces and coordinates with Government leads with key focus on effective, efficient, and compliant contractor support.
- Executes proper staffing, providing appropriate, qualified, and sufficient contractor resources to meet specified requirements.
- Establishes work duties and schedules, and addresses work discrepancies.
- Supervises and communicates program policies, purposes, and goals to subordinates. Formulates and enforces work standards.
- Performs quality control; ensures contractor performance meets established performance standards.
- Monitors, tracks, and reports on the status of contractor activities. Identifies, promotes, and implements process improvements.
- Conducts technical and management briefings.
- Oversees and directs complex technical tasks.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline is desirable. Five (5) additional years of general experience (as defined below) may be substituted for the degree.
Certification Required: CISSP
Certifications Desired: GCFE - GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner, GCFA - GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst, Encase, SANS Institute Forensic Toolkit (SIFT) or FTK vendor certifications
- 10 years of experience in investigations, computer forensics, or technical analysis with increasing responsibilities. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
- Good working knowledge of cyber investigations and forensic level analytics as well as insider threat programs.
- Experience in the security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications, and network protocols along with malware analysis in support of incident analysis and response.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment
- Previous experience managing cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives.
- Seven (7) years of experience in computer investigations with a focus on cyber threat analysis and advanced network security forensics to include collecting, processing, preserving, analyzing, and reporting computer-related evidence in support of network vulnerability mitigation and/or criminal, fraud, counterintelligence, or law enforcement investigations.
- Five (5) years of technical task management and supervisory experience.
- Five (5) years of working knowledge of forensics analysis tools, investigation processes, and case management products.
- Experience developing and conducting detailed, technical, and hands on training.
Desired: Mobile device forensics
Security Clearance: TS (clearable to SCI)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.