Task Manager - Monitoring and Incident Response Program
The Task Manager will oversee personnel and activities that support the Monitoring, Incident Response, Evaluation and Verification, and Penetration Testing functions. Interfaces and coordinates with Government leads with key focus on effective, efficient, and compliant contractor support. Executes proper staffing, providing appropriate, qualified, and sufficient contractor resources to meet specified requirements. Establishes work duties and schedules, and addresses work discrepancies. Supervises and communicates program policies, purposes, and goals to subordinates. Formulates and enforces work standards. Maintains active liaison with organizations, computer incident response organizations, to resolve incidents and coordinate on situational awareness. Performs quality control; ensures contractor performance meets established performance standards. Identifies and promotes process improvements
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Telecommunications, or other related technical discipline.
Certification Required: PMP
Certifications Desired: CISSP, CISM
General Experience: 10 years of experience in network technology, management or operation with increasing responsibilities. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills. Previous security operations center (e.g., SOC) experience would be preferred.
- Knowledge and direct experience implementing ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of operational cybersecurity processes, procedures and best practices as practiced within the computer network defense (CND) industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment
- Previous experience managing cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives.
- Ten (10) years of current experience in managing network security monitoring and incident response capability.
- Five (5) years in managing 24x7x365 network security monitoring operations of similar size and scope.
- Five (5) years of working knowledge of network protocols, enterprise architecture, and network security systems and products.
- Demonstrated expertise in deploying and maintaining open source network security monitoring and assessment tools.
- Experience developing and documenting technical user guides, standard operating procedures, and response playbooks.
- Experience developing and conducting detailed, technical, and hands on training.
- Demonstrated analytical and communications skills.
- Seven (7) years of technical task management and supervisory experience.
Security Clearance: TS
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.