Task Manager- Engineering Security Services
7 days left
- Full Time
COME JOIN US AT OUR CYBER SECURITY OPEN HOUSE!!! You will have a chance to learn about all of our Cyber Security opportunities and meet with the Cyber Security Leadership Team!!!https://gdit.com/careers/virtual-jobs/cybersecurity-opportunities/?2 Program Description: Serves as the Contractor’s Manager for the delivery of technical, engineering, management, operation, logistical and administrative support to the cyber security operations Engineering Security Services. Functional Duties:
- The Task Manager will oversee personnel and activities that support the Monitoring, Incident Response, Evaluation and Verification, and Penetration Testing functions.
- Interfaces and coordinates with Government leads with key focus on effective, efficient, and compliant contractor support.
- Executes proper staffing, providing appropriate, qualified, and sufficient contractor resources to meet specified requirements.
- Establishes work duties and schedules, and addresses work discrepancies.
- Supervises and communicates program policies, purposes, and goals to subordinates. Formulates and enforces work standards.
- Maintains active liaison with organizations, computer incident response organizations, to resolve incidents and coordinate on situational awareness.
- Performs quality control; ensures contractor performance meets established performance standards. Identifies and promotes process improvements
- 10 years of experience in network technology, management or operation with increasing responsibilities. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills. Previous security operations center (e.g., SOC) experience would be preferred.Knowledge and direct experience implementing ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices.Possesses a strong working knowledge of operational cybersecurity processes, procedures and best practices as practiced within the computer network defense (CND) industry.Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environmentPrevious experience managing cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives.
- Ten (10) years of current experience in managing network security monitoring and incident response capability.Five (5) years in managing 24x7x365 network security monitoring operations of similar size and scope.Five (5) years of working knowledge of network protocols, enterprise architecture, and network security systems and products.Demonstrated expertise in deploying and maintaining open source network security monitoring and assessment tools.Experience developing and documenting technical user guides, standard operating procedures, and response playbooks.Experience developing and conducting detailed, technical, and hands on training.Demonstrated analytical and communications skills.Seven (7) years of technical task management and supervisory experience.