Information Technology Specialist (Systems Analysis), GS-2210-12, Census-DE-VM
This vacancy is for an Information Technology Specialist (System Analysis) position in the Demographic Surveys Division located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Please read the 'Who May Apply' section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see BOC-2017-0474, Information Technology Specialist (System Analysis), GS-2210-12, CENSUS-MP-VM.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Information Technology Specialist (System Analysis), GS-2210-12, FPL 12 positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
A probationary period may be required.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
This is a BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.Specialized Experience:
For the GS-12, you must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes developing, documenting, and coordinating detailed IT business cases, business plans, and policies driven by specific organizational strategic and operational goals; developing systems requirements using a variety of tools and methodologies for complex or large-scale systems; analyzing system requirements and representing them through tools such as flow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, etc.; designing computer systems using various operating systems to run various scripts, programs and databases platforms; conducting a variety of IT studies, audits, reviews, risk assessments, and contingency planning for computer systems; experience involving technologies, analyzing and resolving problems and evaluating alternative means of satisfying user requirements to provide advice and technical consultation and guidance within a development team and to customers; debugging users programs and scripts; IT security vulnerability mitigation; communicating complex and technical information in person and in writing to a variety of audiences.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze." Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the "gold" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Ability to provide technical expertise to determine program needs and resources required to deliver complete production processing applications
- Skill in requirements gathering and analysis, system design, and unit testing
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex customer requests or problems with applications and/or systems by working with team members, managers, and customers to obtain requirements, negotiate work products and translate them into an IT product
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Applicable