Office of Policy, International Affairs, and Environment (APL-1), Office of Aviation Policy and Plans (APO-1), Economic Analysis Division (APO-300)Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To qualify for this position ALL applicants must demonstrate in their application possession of one of the following: A) Degree in economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus; OR B) Combination of education and experience -- courses completed are equivalent to a major in economics, as shown in the degree requirements (A) above, plus appropriate experience or additional education
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to meeting the basic requirements, ALL applicants must possess one year (52 weeks) of qualifying specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level (FG/GS-14) or pay band level (J band) in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience in developing cost and benefit estimates for use in economic and/or regulatory impact analysis supporting federal aviation safety related rulemaking.
This position has a positive education required or education/experience combination requirement. You MUST upload an unofficial copy of your college transcripts at time of application.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Travel may be required.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1) As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each Leadership and Management Dimension and Technical Requirement.
In lieu of providing a narrative response in the text box listed below each Leadership and Management Dimension and Technical Requirement, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a human resource specialist as appropriate.
2) This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: http://jobs.faa.gov/FAACoreCompensation.htm.
3) This Level 2 (Non-Critical Sensitive) position requires favorable adjudication of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) background investigation prior to appointment, unless a waiver is obtained.
4) This position is covered by the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Testing Program. Persons occupying a "testing designated position (TDP)" will be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
5) Leave Enhancement: FAA organizations may offer enhanced annual leave accrual to certain newly appointed or reappointed employees. To receive consideration, applicant's prior non-Federal service or active duty uniformed service must directly relate to the duties of the position to which appointed. Granting enhanced annual leave accrual is at the sole discretion of the hiring organization, is neither an entitlement nor a guarantee.
6) Requirement for managerial probationary period: Unless previously completed, the person selected for this position must satisfactorily complete a 1-year probationary period to remain in this managerial position.
7) This Vacancy Announcement is also being advertised to all U.S. Citizens under AWA-APO-17-0016CH-54090. Please review both vacancy announcements to determine for which you are eligible to apply.
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.
To preview the application questionnaire, click the following link: View Application Questionnaire