Amendment Date: 09/08/2017
Amendment Note: To include bargaining unit information and change closing date to be consistent with case# 54034.
Assistant Administrator for Finance and Management, Deputy Assistant Administrator for Regions and Center Operations, Aviation Logistics Organization, Design and Construction Division (ALO-300)Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.
All applicants must demonstrate one year (52 weeks) of SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE equivalent to the next lower grade level (FG/GS-10/11) or band (G band) in the Federal government. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is experience which is in or related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped applicants with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. To be creditable, SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE must have been equivalent to the next lower grade or band in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE includes:
Experience working with the General Services Administration, project managers, contract architectural and design firms and engineering disciplines.
This announcement has a Quality Ranking Factor (QRF), which is a skill(s) used to enhance an applicant's current skill set but is not essential to the job and will not be used as a screen out factor in the selection process.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Travel may be required.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1. As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA.
In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
2. Applicants may be asked to verify information they have provided on their application for employment with the FAA.
3. Please ensure that you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or may result in you not being considered for the job.
4. This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation Plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the website: http://jobs.faa.gov/FAACORECompensation.htm.
5. This position is also being announced as Vacancy Announcement AWA-ALO-17-0022CF-54035 and open to Current or Former Federal Employees & EVHO. Please review both vacancy announcement to determine if you are eligible to apply.
6. NATCA Bargaining Agreement Article 42, Section 5 states "If the Agency decides to interview any qualified employee on the selection list, then all on the list who are qualified must be interviewed. If the selection list is shortened to a best qualified list through a comparative process, then the best qualified list shall be considered to be the best selection list. If it is determined that interviews are required and telephone interviews are not utilized, travel expenses incidental to these interviews will be paid in accordance with the Agency's travel regulations and this Agreement".
7. This vacancy is limited to 75 applications and may close before the closing date if that limit is reached.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.
To preview the application questionnaire, click the following link: View Application Questionnaire