Information Technology Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Housing Management Application Analyst
The George Mason University Office of Housing and Residence Life (OHRL) invites applications for a Housing Management Application Analyst (HMAA) position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Housing Management Application Analyst (HMAA) is the primary administrator for the OHRLâ€™s housing management system. This position has a major role in the transition from the old (Residential Management System) to the new system (StarRez) and the full implementation of the new system. The HMAA will be responsible for gathering and coordinating system requirements from OHRL stakeholders, and using them to develop a robust, all-encompassing platform with required data points to support OHRL and the universityâ€™s occupancy management needs. This development would also include design and implementation of the numerous data reports to support the needs of the various parts of the OHRL business, along with providing user support, and serving as a technical resource in business process development. Duties include:
- Work with staff on needs assessment and feature requests. Ensure that vital elements of the current occupancy management systems are maintained while new and future data elements and system requirements are developed and supported in the new system;
- Develop technical design and documentation of application dependent data conversions, interfaces, custom reporting, and custom applications;
- Lead system implementation utilizing project lifecycle knowledge, including planning, testing, deploying, and maintaining;
- Manage user accounts and permissions, apply system configuration changes, and develop process improvements;
- Develop relationship with vendor to get application support as needed and to keep up-to-date on changes in software and/or current technology affecting business functions;
- Work with staff on needs assessment, feature requests, and business process improvements; and
- Participate in rotating on-call support environment in response to after hour, critical, system-wide outages and emergencies and work with appropriate staff to resolve issues.
Data Reporting and Analysis:
- Architect, maintain, and report on data solutions;
- Gather needs and requirements for reports;
- Build robust data elements and reporting to support all aspects of user needs;
- When needed, create custom reports utilizing advanced SQL to generate reports for user use;
- Support staff with report generation within system software;
- Work with users to develop formatting standards for common reports; and
- Audit and data checking on reports.
- Assist other functional areas within OHRL in process development as it relates to the housing management system;
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for functions and processes related to applications and workflow;
- Create and maintain user support documentation for housing management system; and
- Develop technical design and documentation of application dependent data conversions, interfaces, custom reporting, and custom applications.
- Work with units outside of OHRL to develop integrations with other systems;
- Develop methods for transfer of data to and from the housing management system utilizing APIs/SDKs and/or developing scripts; and
- Ensure that integration processes are secure and follow industry best practices.
- Develop training methods and materials for user training of housing management system;
- Provide user training to both full-time and student staff on an ongoing, annual schedule and as needed;
- Identify staff training needs and make recommendations for training; and
- Enforce university computing policies and OHRL policies surrounding applications and systems.
Additional Work Tasks and Duties:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in management information systems, database administration, programming, computer science or related discipline; or an equivalent level of training and experience.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 09518z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :