Researcher & Lead Generation Coordinator
Research and Lead Generation Coordinator
Office of Institutional Advancement
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.3
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President, Advancement Services, the Research and Lead Generation Coordinator will develop and implement effective identification and investigation to support the Office of Institutional Advancement (IA ) and when needed other departments such as the President's Office, Corporate Learning Solutions and Strategic Enrollment Marketing. The successful candidate will understand how to build strong relationships across departments and deliver superior research and vetted individual, corporation and foundation, state and federal grants leads to maximize engagement and support to the organization.
The Research and Lead Generation Coordinator will act as a collaborative partner, sharing information and best practices with leadership on tactical development of alumni, career services and fundraising portfolios. S/he will work cooperatively with Alumni Relations and Career Services colleagues, fundraising staff, program staff and volunteers to advance a variety of institutional priorities. Ideally, the candidate will have an inquisitive nature and possess an ability to interact socially with research constituents to interpret their affinity with the institution and recommend a potential fit for their involvement.
The Research and Lead Generation Coordinator will be responsible for meeting the department's research and constituent identification needs; s/he will design systems to identify corporate, foundation, state and federal and individual prospects for fundraising, successful alumni, and potentially engaged constituents, while setting standards and best practices for information organization and ensure timely delivery of vital research data.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Conducting comprehensive biographical, financial and informational research on individual, corporate, foundation prospects for corporate partnerships, high profile alumni for marketing and other institutional involvement, volunteer leadership, and grant including state and federal opportunities.
- Utilizing wealth screening data and other research tools to verify and produce leads.
- Assist the Senior Director of Development in managing all Moves Management meetings and activities. This includes ensuring that reports are run in a timely manner, metrics are gathered, and all prospect/donor contact information is appropriately captured in the CRM.
- Proactively uses various resources and tools to seek out potential prospects and/or successful alumni. Reports regularly on these findings.
- Staying abreast of major international and business news, utilizing social media and other resources to enhance prospect strategies and alumni and donor stewardship.
- Preparing research profiles, briefing reports, lead generation, and prospect lists for the Office of IA and University leadership such as the Vice President, Institutional Advancement, the Provost and the President.
- Making recommendations for action and planning for events and initiatives of the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Designing, implementing coordinating the research systems and resources necessary to identify key alumni and major donors.
- Creating, maintaining and distributing reports that will facilitate the efficient flow of strategic information throughout the University.
- Providing general support when necessary to Institutional Advancement staff and work on special projects when called for
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BS/BA degree required with a minimum of two years of related experience, preferably in Advancement in a higher education setting. Familiarity with Internet search strategies and experience using electronic databases and online search tools such as: Lexis Nexis for Development Professionals, Wealthengine, Morningstar 10K Wizard, Guidestar, etc. Experience with databases such as Advance preferred. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Advanced research and organizational skills. Self-motivated and highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis. Ability to analyze, synthesize, and present information. Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality. Project management experience desirable. Must be able to interact effectively with others for the purpose of soliciting and reporting information, and for prioritizing work assignments. Exceptional ability to work both independently and as a team member.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.