Business Analyst II
Who We Are
"The advancement of science should be the chief concern of a nation that would conserve and increase the welfare of its people."
-James McKeen Cattell, former AAAS President and Editor of Science
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science for the benefit of all people. For over a century, AAAS has been a force for science, from helping to establish science as a credible field in the 19thcentury to using satellite imaging technology to document human rights abuses in 2007. We are recognized as the world’s largest general scientific society and the proud publisher of the Science family of journals. Past presidents have included astronomer Edward Charles Pickering, anthropologist Margaret Mead, and biologist Stephen Jay Gould. Our mission is centered on the belief that STEM research and education can help solve many of the challenges the world faces today.
AAAS is a culture steeped in history, but adaptive to change and new ideas. We recognize the hard work of our employees and encourage the development of our staff. Our colleagues represent an array of expertise from scholarly publishing to digital marketing, educational research to government relations, all with a shared focus on mission. At AAAS, you are part of a talented team, dedicated to advancing science and serving society.
Work with Us
AAAS has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Business Analyst II for our Science & Technology Policy Fellowships (STPF) program in Washington, DC. This individual will work closely with the Team Lead/Business Analyst, and play an integral role in the implementation and maintenance of the constituent management, communications, marketing, and alumni relations systems. A successful applicant will have a natural curiosity about data & systems, enjoy solving complex challenges, and love all things data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring data accuracy, consistency and best practices via data entry, normalization, and de-duplication within programs’ systems
- Generate reports and assist in data analysis for multiple function teams
- Assist in conducting business systems analysis and design; defining business processes, validating features, detecting problems, and generating ideas
- Serve as the main point of contact for the administration of our fellowship application portal
- Analyze the performance of our websites, identify trends/best practices, and develop actionable insights and recommendations
- Provide constituent support and help desk assistance including responding to inquiries verbally and in writing, as well as writing how-to guides and training staff
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Demonstrated interest in data/databases/analytics required
- Minimum of 1 years’ related work experience
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce required. Familiarity with Salesforce Administration/Development, Apex, SQL, or Visualforce is a plus
- Advanced skills in Excel and intermediate PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Collaborative and flexible work style, with a commitment to continuous learning
- Experience applying technology to nonprofit organizations is a plus
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by October 7th, 2017. If we think you might be a good fit for the role, we will contact you with next steps.
Visit https://www.aaas.org/ to learn more about what we do. Find our latest job opportunities at: https://www.aaas.org/page/employment-aaas
AAAS is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.