Sr Subject Matter Expert- Security Research and Engineering
Program Description: Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the delivery of technical, engineering, management, operation, logistical and research support to the DS/CTS Office of Technical and Innovation Engineering.
The SME provides design, architecture, and engineering technical direction and leadership. Recommends solutions for security problems in existing systems or systems in development. Applies or assists with application of formal methods in security architecture, security system design and engineering, and security technology integration and deployment. Leads and participates in security tests and evaluations, studies and experiments. Conducts technical and management briefings. Performs quality control; ensures contractor performance meets established performance standards. Identifies and promotes process improvements
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
Certification Required: CISSP
Certifications Desired: CCNP-S, ITIL
General Experience: 12 years of experience in IT, cyber security, and/or other projects related to critical network infrastructure protection. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge and direct experience implementing ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of operational cybersecurity processes, procedures and best practices as practiced within the computer network defense (CND) industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment
- Previous experience managing cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic objectives.
- Eight (8) years of current experience in cyber security system or solution design, engineering, evaluation, integration and/or deployment.
- Five (5) years of experience in managing cyber security engineering projects.
- Demonstrated ability to provide cyber security guidance at the authoritative level.
- Experience developing and conducting detailed, technical, and hands on training.
- Demonstrated analytical and communications skills.
Security Clearance: TS
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.