Editor, Online Learning
We're seeking a talented editor to join our online learning team. As an editor, you will help curate, compile, write, and develop The Chronicle of Philanthropy’s online learning products that help nonprofit professionals develop their skills and advance important causes that improve people’s lives. This includes the webinar series, how-to articles on philanthropy.com, and other projects. You’ll lead webinar production, identify experts as assigned, and help identify, aggregate, produce, write, and edit content.
What you’ll do:
- Manage production of webinars to include planning, tracking, and production of webinar slides.
- Prepare timelines, content outlines for each session, and slide templates.
- Edit slides to identify content gaps and ensure content flows logically.
- Handle logistics of events – including setting up conference calls, invites, scheduling rehearsals.
- Aggregate online content into toolkits and other products.
- Identify potential new resources for assignment, e.g., reference guides, checklists, planning tools/templates, case studies, or contributed articles.
- Support live events behind-the-scenes: sort questions for Q&A, monitor time, and support host and guest experts as needed.
- Review the webinar recording. Send edits to webinar vendor, review corrections to revised file, obtain final copy of session.
- Write and edit how-to articles for philanthropy.com as assigned.
- Identify nonprofit experts as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience working in communications, fundraising, public affairs, or public relations at a nonprofit.
- Ability to edit for clarity, logical flow, accuracy, and overall organization.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with attention to logistical details and to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Communications or public affairs experience desired.
- Experience with webinars, online learning, or professional development, a plus.
- Nonprofit experience is preferred.
- Reporting and production experience, a plus.
We'd love to hear from you. Send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with "online learning editor" in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. and offers excellent benefits including 5 weeks of vacation a year.