Full or Part Time Math and Science Tutor
Georgetown Learning Centers
—Do you love the idea of working with kids?
—Are you taking time off before heading back to medical or graduate school?
—Do you want to work in a fun and relaxing work environment?
—Have you been searching for a way to get started in education?
—Do you have a strong background in foreign language, math and science?
If you answered “yes” to most or all these questions, then the Associate Director position at Georgetown Learning Centers is the right job for you!
Georgetown Learning Centers (GLC) is a dynamic educational company committed to helping students of all ages and abilities succeed in their academic endeavors. At GLC, we believe that all children can flourish scholastically when they discover that learning can be fun and rewarding. Founded by two U. Penn graduates in 1998, GLC operates private, neighborhood learning centers in the DC metropolitan area, as well as in Charlottesville, VA.
GLC is currently seeking qualified, enthusiastic and confident individuals to work as Associate Directors (ADs) at our learning centers during the 2017-2018 academic year. ADs form relationships with students and their families, identify students’ strengths and weaknesses, and develop programs that guide students on the pathway to academic success.
- Small class instruction
- One-on-one academic tutoring
- Organizational and study skills development
- SAT/ACT preparation
- College admissions counseling
- Serving as a role model and mentor to students
Hours are Sundays from 12 – 8 pm, Mondays through Wednesdays from 2 – 10 pm, and Thursdays from 1:30 – 9:30 pm.
Additionally, ADs have the opportunity to assist in the operation and management of a small and growing business. At GLC, Associate Directors can adopt responsibilities including but not limited to: recruiting, marketing, web design, community and client outreach, educational administration, and curriculum development.
- Experience and desire to work with kids
- Strong academic performance at a top college or university, especially in math and science fields (GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Excellent problem solving skills and an independent work ethic
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- History of community involvement and leadership
- Full medical and dental coverage provided by United Healthcare
- 18 - 24 paid company holidays and 5 paid personal days
- Fun, relaxed environment with boundless opportunity for professional growth
- $37,500 annual salary plus bonuses
This is an exciting and rewarding position that provides the unique potential to enjoy the fulfilling benefits of teaching as well as the exciting challenges of a growing company. Recent college graduates from all disciplines who have achieved scholastic success and are interested in working with kids are encouraged to apply!
To apply, please submit your resume through this link https://Georgetown-Learning-Centers.careerplug.com/j/05f91s or send directly to email@example.com
To learn more, check us out at www.glclearn.com.
Apply for Full or Part Time Math and Science Tutor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly