Principal Systems Engineer
Designs, deploys, and operates Splunk systems for new or existing computer systems in support of large Federal IT programs including cloud computing.
- Day-to-day maintenance and operations of the Splunk tool and the development of user content (e.g. rules, reports, and basic connector configuration)
- Provide industry standard expertise in the deployment, configuratin, and operations of Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of systems, designs systems enhancements, and monitors capacity to maintain operational capacity.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- 5-6 years of hands-on Splunk administration