- Performs installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
- Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
- Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
- Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
- Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
- Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
3-5 years of related telecommunications experience.
- Hands-on skills and experience in supporting VTC sessions involving secure and non-secure present day systems and hardware.
- Experience supporting both secure and commercial analog and VOIP phones systems and hardware, gateway and call manager equipment, and personnel relocations involving the logical moving of phone numbers.
- Daily close support customer service experience a plus.
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment, either CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security + CE is the preferred certification. Must attain the required DoD 8570 Certification prior to Hire Date. Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a CI Polygraph if requested. As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. #CJPOST#DPOST#ZRpost
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.