OMA Technical Lead
Enterprise System Engineer serve to maintain a strong awareness of technical trends in information technology, develop and maintain a strong awareness of on-going IT projects, and business unit requirements; be able to apply the project management model (e.g. Spiral, Waterfall, Agile) selected for a given development effort; and provide analysis, design, development, deployment, and lifecycle support for innovative hardware systems and applications. Work involves being able to develop end-to-end cost analysis for projects; ensure systems being developed comply with the enterprise technical architecture; help project and program teams prepare for CIO Project Management Program control gates; and keep senior management apprised of project or program status. Assignments may include leading teams consisting of contractor personnel.Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
- Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
- Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
- Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.