IT Specialist GS-2210-13
- Full Time
This position is located in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT), Office of Business and Customer Assurance (OBCA), Records, eDiscovery, and Risk Management (RERM), in Rockville, MD.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-OO-17-MP-2005121MCunder merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing of the announcement.
5. Pre-employment physical required: No
6. Drug testing required: No
7. License required: No
8. Mobility agreement required: No
9. Immunization required: No
10. Moving expenses authorized: No
11. Relocation Incentive authorized: No
12. Recruitment Incentive authorized: No
13. Time in Grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing of the announcement.
14. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
15. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
16. Bargaining Unit Position: No
17. Financial disclosure statement required: No
In order to qualify for IT Specialist, GS-2210-13, you must meet the following:
GS-13: Possess at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to the identification, consideration and resolution of complex eDiscovery issues and/or problems and experience using Enterprise grade eDiscovery technologies to conduct full lifecycle eDiscovery data processing and case management tasks.
Possess IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the following four competencies; (1) Attention to Detail - being thorough when planning, developing, and carrying out vital tasks in supporting IT projects and other IT business functions; (2) Customer Service - assisting others in the resolution of issues affecting hardware, IT systems applications, or business applications; (3) Oral Communication - expressing highly technical information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; (4) Problem Solving - conducting extensive investigation and analysis to determine the nature and scope of problems and devise solutions.
If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 copy) or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans preference see http://www.usajobs.gov/Veterans.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).For information on "People with Disabilities" please visit http://opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
Career Transition Program: This program applies to Federal workers whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed, or an employee who has been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service. To receive selection priority for this position, you must be rated well-qualified. Well-qualified means eligible applicants whose knowledge, skills, and abilities clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements of the position. For information on how to apply and what documents to submit as an ICTAP eligible, see: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.aspRead more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, you may be deemed ineligible or your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Basis of Rating: Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of the following quality categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher).
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics). You do not have to respond to the KSA's separately, but your resume should contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession of the Competencies/KSA's.
1.Knowledge of application/system programming and analysis techniques.
2.Network Performance Monitoring Management & Monitoring
3.Ability to communicate in writing
4. Ability to communicate orally.
Read more Security clearance Not Applicable