Associate General Counsel (EE-0905)
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
SALARY: $131,767 - $172,100 per annum (Air Force Tier 1). This is a Highly Qualified Expert Excepted Service position and is assigned a precedence priority code of DV-6 (equivalent to a Brigadier General) for protocol purposes.
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time Temporary Excepted Service Appointment Not to Exceed 5 Years
CONSIDERATION: Applications will be accepted from all qualified persons. Consideration will be extended without discrimination for any non-merit reason such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, age, membership or non-membership in any employee organization, or disability
**TO BE CONSIDERED, COMPLETE APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM (EST) OF THE CLOSING DATE**
Learn more about this agency
Occasional travel - Incumbent may be required to travel by military and/or commercial aircraft in the performance of assigned tasks.
Relocation expenses reimbursed
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Recruitment/Relocation Incentive may be offered
- A Testing Designated Position, under the AF Civilian Drug Testing Program
- Must have or be able to obtain a TOP SECRET Security Clearance
- Must file an Executive Personnel Financial Disclosure Report
- Active Duty Military Members must indicate retirement eligibility
QUALIFICATIONS: Eligibility will be based upon a clear showing the applicant has training, education and experience of the scope and quality sufficient to effectively carry-out the duties of the position. Candidates must exemplify the corporate perspective, leadership vision, broad experience and character needed in the SES corps not only to satisfy the immediate vacancy, but future vacancies which will occur in a variety of organizations, functions and locations.
A. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
(1) Incumbent must be a graduate from a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association and have a professional law degree (LLB or JD).
(2) Incumbent must provide a certificate of good standing and active status with a bar of the highest court of a State, U.S. commonwealth, U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia.
B. MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (TQs): A supplemental statement must be submitted separately addressing each TQ. TQs must provide specific examples that address relevant experience and accomplishments. Applicants must reflect superior technical qualifications demonstrated through leadership and management in the following:
(1) Applicant must have a minimum of ten years of experience in federal procurement law in government, law firm, or corporate counsel practice. Applicant must have extensive knowledge of the FAR and DFARS, and have demonstrated an ability to provide legal advice to senior government or corporate leadership on complex aspects of acquisition, technology, and logistics, with a focus on major defense acquisition programs.
(2) Applicant is expected to have extensive experience in source selection, including bid protests, and the administration of government contracts.
(3) Applicant must have outstanding communication skills and experience representing/defending clients position on challenging matters. Applicant must demonstrate high level of competence and ability to successfully work with minimum guidance exercising a high level of independent judgement.
C. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
(1) Senior level attorney experience advising defense contractors regarding government procurement law or comparable Federal agency experience, is desirable.
(2) A Master of Laws (LL.M), in government procurement law, is desirable.
(3) Law firm experience is also desirable.
This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please notify this office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
SELECTION WILL BE BASED SOLELY UPON MERIT AND QUALIFICATIONS WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, SEX, MARITAL STATUS, DISABILITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, POLITICAL AFFILIATION,
OR ANY OTHER NON-MERIT FACTORS.THE AIR FORCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
RATING AND RANKING METHODS: Applications will be evaluated against the qualifications requirements. Failure to meet any one of the Minimum Qualifications or Mandatory Technical Qualifications will eliminate a candidate from further consideration.
Read more Security clearance