- Full Time
A successful candidate in this position will:
- Assist the Investigations Division Director with oversight of CI and counterterrorism (CT) investigative activity at DOE CI Field Offices across DOE/NNSA
- Coordinate with CI Country Team and other CID personnel, the IN front office, other IN divisions, and Senior CI Officers and staff in the DOE CI Field Offices to help ensure consistency and continuity in CI investigative activity across the DOE Complex.
- Help counter and protect DOE/NNSA intersts from foreign intelligence threats.
Learn more about this agency
Occasional travel - Travel up to 25% per month
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Drug Testing
- Security Clearance must be able to obtain and retain a "Q" security clearance with Special Compartmented Information (SCI) access.
- Must successfully complete a Counter-Intelligence (CI) Evaluation, which may also include a CI-scope polygraph examination.
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. For the GS-15: One year of specialized experience at the GS-14, applying expert knowledge of functions and operations of other U.S. intelligence/counterintelligence services; broad awareness of the actual and/or potential impact of counterintelligence investigations/operations on U.S. foreign policy; knowledge of the full range of counterintelligence regulations, policies and procedures; ability to exercise resourcefulness, versatility, ingenuity and originality in planning and organizing investigations; knowledge of criteria, countries’ government institutes, especially intelligence organizations, structure, and methods of operations, in order to recognize and evaluate information received, make judgmental decisions on limited data, and to identify individuals who may be intelligence agents operating under the guise of official visitors or legitimate business persons in the U.S.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs). You do not need to provide a separate narrative written statement. Instead, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. Please do not write "see resume" in your application, as this will NOT satisfy the requirements.
"Experience" refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
There is no subsitution of education at this grade level.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- If you believe that you are eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), please visit the OPM ICTAP/CTAP website for more information. In order to be considered under the ICTAP program, your application must score within the pre-established "well qualified" category as stated in the Qualifications section.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Veterans Information: Veterans information
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Department of Energy uses an application tracking system to evaluate the responses you provide in the applicant assessment questionnaire to place you into an initial quality category via OPM's Category Rating procedures. Then, the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will conduct a quality review of your application and supporting documentation to ensure you have been placed into the appropriate quality category.
Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (when applicable), and training as described in your resume and applicant assessment. Your credentials are measured against the established duties of the position at the grade level(s) being advertised.
The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified", and "Qualified", although they may differ slightly based on individual agency policy.
If you are eligible for career transition assistance plans such as ICTAP or CTAP, you must meet the definition of "well qualified" which is defined as having a score of 85 or better.
If you are a Veteran Preference eligible candidate, you will be listed at the top of whichever quality category your rating places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly
To preview questions please click here.