Educational Coordinator for the Office of Medical Education, School of Medicine - Georgetown Univer
Educational Coordinator for the Office of Medical Education, School of Medicine - Georgetown University Medical Center
The Office of Medical Education (OME) serves as the centralized office committed to providing curriculum for pre-clinical education and as an important resource for our affiliate sites in providing clinical education to our medical students.
The Educational Coordinator, together with 6 other coordinators, is responsible for distributing and implementing the 4-year medical education to 800 medical students. Reporting to is supervised by the Director of Curriculum Management. S/he works with both faculty & staff teaching the curriculum as well as the students, and with the Deans and staff of the Office of Medical Education and Course Directors to ensure smooth functioning of all administrative aspects of his/her assignments.
Administrative Support to Assigned Courses/Modules
- Contacts assigned lecturers, negotiates formats, collects handout materials, confirms schedule dates, and reviews for conflicts.
- Coordinates preparation, proofing, and posting of syllabus and course materials; assists Module/Course Director with logistical planning of lectures, assignments, due dates, and evaluations; and advises Module/Course Director regarding OME and GU School of Medicine policies;
- Assists with lecture set up as necessary.
- Creates small group assignments, reserve rooms, AV equipment, supplies for small group activities and labs; and keeps track of attendance and grade impact.
- Corresponds with students regarding the courses, reviews, exams, and syllabus; and provide notification of any course changes.
- Builds and maintains and Learning Management Site (Blackboard/Canvas) presence for responsible module/course.
- Coordinates exams, including distributing and collecting questions to individual faculties, formatting and uploading to create electronic test, scheduling make-up exams, creating and announcing exam logistics, serving as team leader for exam day proctoring, scoring and submitting reports to module director for approval, posting grades, and coordinating post exam review.
- Assists in implementation of faculty member's instructional continuity plan during campus closures and delayed arrivals.
Other Pre-clinical Course Support
Provides support as needed to other preclinical courses in order to balance out the workload among educational coordinators and to allow for appropriate cross-coverage and support of all preclinical courses.
Serves as the OME front-line staffer, responsible for the daily management of the activities of the office, including greeting office visitors, students, faculty and staff; managing incoming phone calls, mail and faxes; and maintaining supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency working on a PC/MAC and knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with an office setting and confidence in learning and proactively exploring new software/equipment
- Team player with the ability to follow-through on assignments and responsibilities
- High degree of professionalism and discretion
- Preference for experience working with clinicians, researchers, or adult-learners
- Preference for experience in customer service, event planning and/or higher education
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.