Associate Director, Engagement & Annual Giving for Georgetown University Medical Center - Office of
7 days left
- Full Time
Associate Director, Engagement & Annual Giving for Georgetown University Medical Center - Office of Advancement
Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC) is an internationally recognized academic medical center whose missions of research, teaching and patient care are carried out with a strong emphasis on community outreach and the Jesuit principle of cura personalis — care of the whole person. GUMC consists of the School of Medicine, the School of Nursing & Health Studies, Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Biomedical Graduate Research and Education.
The Associate Director designs, manages and analyzes direct communications plans for all medical center annual fund constituent groups - both the medical school and the medical center affiliates. Most, if not all, of the projects managed by both the Associate Director and the Director are produced within a development context - that is, s/he designs them in an integrated and coordinated fashion to generate income from new and retained donors, and/or target and cultivate prospective donors, and/or position the GUMC persuasively and attractively to donors and prospects through advertising media. The Associate Director oversees the GUMC Annual Giving marketing through the direct mail, email, phone and digital channels. Reporting to the Director of Engagement and Annual Giving for GUMC, the Associate Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
Direct Communications with Alumni
- Evaluates and manages the annual giving campaigns for Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, donors to other health related causes, the general public via rented demographic lists and past LCCC donors. Integrated marketing includes but is not limited to direct mail, telemarketing, electronic and digital media, promotions, publications, and display media.
- Evaluates and manages the GUMC annual giving campaign that principally targets GUMC alumni, and individuals in the greater Washington area who are neither alumni of Georgetown University nor patients of Georgetown Hospital through a variety of means = for example, direct mail, telemarketing, electronic and digital media, promotions, and display advertising in publications.
- Evaluates and manages thoughtful, imaginative, vibrant, effective marketing designed to enhance retention with all annual giving donors through an aggressive, integrated, creative, year-round program of donor retention
- Provides strategic and creative assistance to the Medical Center annual fund campaigns.
- Manages and sustains all front-end and back-end processes, including list selection, reports, source coding, tracking, ROI, communications and negotiations with Gift Processing, troubleshooting, and strategy.
- Produces a standing set of clear, succinct, comprehensive weekly and monthly reports tracks the progress of all current annual giving campaigns, relative “to date” to the previous month and the previous 2 years (as statistics allow); provides accurate and timely reports, income and expense projections on an as-needed basis; and produces weekly email performance report and analysis.
- Assists in writing, editing and evaluating persuasive, effective copy for direct mail, telemarketing, print advertising, publications, promotions, website, emails, and similar.
- Creates and meets production, campaign and delivery timetables.
Manages lists and specific vendors, as well as the quality control of the direct communication plans, including budget oversight for all GUMC outreach projects.
Leadership Annual Giving Support
Engages with other pertinent Medical Center Development staff to identify those donors who should be advanced along the pipeline and refer to appropriate Medical Center staff.
Internal Partnership Facilitation
- Develops successful working relationships with multiple internal and external partners to achieve annual fund goals.
- Work closely with Office of Advancement Annual Fund and Central Services to include the division of Mass Marketing and production, and with external vendors to develop and execute a sophisticated marketing campaigns and programs designed to increase the pool of prospects and donors annually, as well as to increase the gifts raised.
- Works with gift recording information technology, hospital and university financial offices, and donor relations to develop appropriate procedures, ensure accurate gift recording, and provide prompt gift acknowledgements.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 to 5 years of experience in direct response fundraising, particularly in higher education and/or academic or medical center environment
- Experienced in customer/donor relations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, donor database, campaign financial and response reports, direct mail/phone response data and forecasting
- Experience creating and monitoring expense and income budgets beyond a basic level.
- Marketing/entrepreneurial approach and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Extremely well-organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously, and consistently meet all deadlines and goals
- Ability to assimilate data, exercise sound judgment and discretion, and work independently
- Commitment to accuracy in materials preparation and maintenance of confidentiality
- Experience in higher education and/or academic medical center
- Experience in writing and evaluating marketing copy
- Experience with digital advertising
- Proficiency with the quantitative forecasting and response data analysis
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.