Economics Full-time Faculty
Economics Full-time Faculty
$58,844 - $81,821
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
Assignment begins January
Online applications must
be received by
Friday, September 29, 2017.
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has a need for a full-time, Economics faculty member to start in January 2018 for the spring semester. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner. The successful candidate will be committed to teaching in a multi-cultural, two-year environment, and welcome the opportunity to work with students with diverse learning abilities. Faculty members participate in leadership roles with the Macklin Business Institute (an honors experiential learning program for business students) and the Hillman Entrepreneurs Program (a second-year program for budding entrepreneurs), as well as teach honors Economic students. Montgomery College provides an excellent opportunity to teach in a large, urban community college setting.
Duties and responsibilities include
but are not limited to:
- Teach macroeconomics and microeconomics within the Business and Economics Department
- Teach 30 semester hours per academic year of courses related to Economics
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, early morning, weekend and/or accelerated sections, online, or possibly be asked to teach on another campus if needed. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes.
- Engage students in their learning through active collaborative learning approaches.
- Meet with students outside of class to assist them with being successful college students.
- Apply culturally relevant pedagogies to the teaching and learning process.
- Incorporate the use of educational enterprise platform such as Blackboard and other relevant technology into instruction, including inexpensive or no-cost resources in the development and delivery of instruction.
- Advise students about program curriculum, transfer issues and careers in Business and Economics.
- Serve on, or lead, department, discipline, campus and college committees.
- Participate in select Macklin Business Institute, Hillman Entrepreneurs Program, or other honors program activities.
- Maintain an active program of professional development and participate in professional organizations and activities.
- A Masters degree or higher in Economics with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline.
- Must be qualified to teach macroeconomics and microeconomics.
- Evidence of teaching or work experience in the field.
- Ability to integrate technology and classroom-related computer software into course delivery
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- College level teaching experience.
- Experience supporting students with varying level of preparedness for college-level work.
- Demonstration of student engagement strategies that help students succeed in the course.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Experience teaching distance learning and/or hybrid courses
- Experience leading academic initiatives
- Online applications must be received by Friday, September 29, 2017.
To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions
- Include a cover letter; and
- Submit an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions and to submit un-official transcripts with your application will automatically result in elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
at least two weeks
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.