Careers at the Applied Research Laboratory at the Pennsylvania State University
The Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State is an integral part of one of the leading research universities in the nation and serves as a University Center of Excellence in Defense science, systems, and technologies with a focus in naval missions and related areas. As a DoD-designated, U.S. Navy UARC (University Affiliated Research Center), ARL maintains a long-term strategic relationship with the U.S. Navy and provides support for other services. We are searching for multiple PCB Engineering Designers to support our Mechanical and Electrical Design Department.
Employment at ARL includes many benefits and rewards, including:
• Professional Development/Promotion within faculty ranks
• Career Advancement Opportunities
• 75% Tuition Discount for you and your family
• Safe and Diverse Community
• College Sporting Event Mecca
• World-Class Entertainment Facilities and Events
• Cultural Events
• Good Public Education System
• Activities for All Stages of your Life
What YOU Will Do…
You will: Create electronic components, schematics, printed wiring boards, circuit card assemblies, bills of materials, and other documentation using accepted methods and techniques; support research engineering programs utilizing computer aided design, documentation, databases, and/or manufacturing software tools; assist or design, integrate, and package mechanical and electrical components into assemblies as part of larger systems, in collaboration with R&D engineers, engineering support specialists, and senior personnel; for level 3, provide recommendations on component selection, ease of manufacturing and assembly, and cost effective design; utilize computer aided design software to create design documentation, including notes and manufacturing information, and ensure work is in compliance with accepted standards; perform department tasks related to copying, filing, and database entry, including classified and unclassified documentation control; respond to requests for information from the manufacturing and assembly teams; and participate in design meetings.
What YOU Need to be Successful…
Education: Associate's degree or higher in a Drafting or related discipline, such as Electrical Engineering Technology, Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Drafting and Design Technology, plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 2. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher level jobs.
• Altium PCB software (v16) or a similar design tool
• Microsoft Office Excel, and Access
• Impedance Matching circuit design
• Familiarization with Product Data Management concepts or software tools
• Layout and design of Printed Circuit Board component creation, schematic layout, printed wiring board layout, and circuit card assemblies
• Documentation of design and creation of board manufacturing and component placement output files
• Electronic CADD software tools
• Knowledge of analog and digital design requirements and component selection and function
You will be subject to a government security investigation and you must be a U.S. citizen to apply. Employment with the Applied Research Laboratory will require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
Apply online at http://apptrkr.com/1078386[apptrkr.com]
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.