Sales / Account Manager
The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, a membership association created to advance the art and science of ophthalmic surgery and the knowledge and skills of ophthalmic surgeons, is seeking a Sales Manager to sell advertising, sponsorships, work on special projects and educational grants for ASCRS publications and services to generate and increase revenue for the Society.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pursue and respond to opportunities to sell advertising for ASCRS publications and services.
- Call on and sell advertising, support and projects to potential ASCRS/EyeWorld clients.
- Coordinate with accounting for all billing of advertising sold for Publications, Events, and Special Projects.
- Research and identify marketing strategies, prospects, and opportunities.
- Maintain and utilize SalesForce to facilitate effective marketing efforts.
- Represent ASCRS, ASOA & EyeWorld by attending and supporting member and medical meetings.
- Establish lines of communication with all staff members who are involved in planning and coordination of special events and projects.
- Assist EyeWorld publisher with projects as deemed necessary.
- Coordinate, develop marketing strategies, and proof annual Media Kit
- Maintain project pricing spread sheets for all projects and educational events.
- Work with sales team to implement consistent sales strategies
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- 4 to 6 years of directly-related work experience, which must include selling, preferably publication advertising in a non-profit environment
- Travel to make sales calls and meetings – Approximately 25-35% (some Intl travel required)
- Excellent written, verbal, and marketing communication skills
- Proficiency operating a Mac using Microsoft software
- Strong database, Excel and Powerpoint/presentation skills
- Knowledge or experience with SaleForce is a plus
- Must be extremely organized
To apply for this position, please submit your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com or by fax to 703-547-8857 Attn: Sales.