Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Executive Office
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Administrative Assistant (AA) is responsible for working closely and effectively with the President to manage his day-to-day duties in the office, as well as when the President is away from the office on business or personal travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a variety of confidential and high-level administrative tasks for the President to include, but not limited to: managing and maintaining an active calendar of appointments, sorting incoming and outgoing correspondence via in and out box, composing and preparing correspondence that may be confidential and sensitive.
- Work closely and effectively with the President to keep him informed of upcoming commitments, responsibilities, and following up appropriately. Exercises sound judgment by keeping the President abreast of any issues that may arise internally and/or externally which could potentially impact the President or company as a whole.
- Serve as first point of contact ensuring that all incoming calls and inquiries for our company and services are screened, directed, or referred in a timely and effective manner.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of sensitive and/or confidential nature and determine the appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Develop and create various materials in preparation for scheduled meetings as needed.
- Ensure that all prospect information is entered into ISM’s CRM system.
- Successfully completes and follows through on critical aspects of tasks and projects for the President with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement emails, correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Coordinates and maintains smooth communication efforts between the President’s office, senior management, consultants, outside vendors, and the company’s clients.
- Organize complex activities and events such as internal and external meetings, client and conference travel both domestic and international for the President, senior management, and consultants.
- Maintain filing system to include hard copy, database management, and CRM system.
- Assist with the development, maintain, and train new employees in office procedures, policies, and equipment.
- Plan and organize all office events and offsite logistics.
- Organize company’s annual conference participation for industry conference including booth and materials preparation/design and preparing and distributing materials for distribution to attendees of President’s workshop presentations.
- Lead and assist as a team member on special projects, as assigned by the president.
- Provide administrative support for President role as District Governor Nominee for Rotary District 7620.
- Organizational & Planning: excellent organizational and time management skills
- Communication: excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client Service: excellent interpersonal skills, ability to handle different “customer” personalities
- Information Gathering & Monitoring: persistence, resourcefulness, drive and ability to work proactively
- Problem Analysis & Problem Solving: strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
- Judgment & Decision-Making Ability: superior organization and prioritization skills
- Initiative: self-motivated and goal oriented
- Confidentiality: able to maintain the highest level of confidentially
- Team Player: desire to contribute meaningfully to the team
- Attention to Detail & Accuracy: excellent proofreader, spelling and grammatical skills
- Adaptability: patience, flexible, ability to multi-task, adapt to different working styles and deal with reasonable and unreasonable demands.
- Computer Proficiency – MS Office applications to include Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as office CRM system.
Bachelor’s degree required. Between 2-5 years of Administrative Assistant professional work experience working for an Executive.
- Cover letter
- Writing sample